Established in 1999, the Jack Petchey Achievement Award Scheme, recognises outstanding young people between the ages of 11-25 throughout London and Essex.
Their Achievements Awards scheme is a reward and recognition initiative which enables schools and youth organisations, such as Runnymede Swimming Club, to celebrate the achievements of their young people as well as receive additional funding.
In the past, swimmers have voted to use the funds to purchase new equipment for the club, such as a new PA system, lane ropes, etc., or have team building days out, such as Bowling, Trampolining, Cinema days, etc.
How does it work?
1. Members of the club select a young person to receive an Achievement Award each month.
2. The nomination and selection processes are led by the swimmers.
3. When a winner is selected they are publicly congratulated for their achievement and receive:
- A framed certificate and badge
- Membership of the JPF Achievers community
- £250 to be spent on a something of their choice that will benefit the club (for example, a piece of equipment, a day out for the team, a specialist trainer to come in give a session).
4. Award winners are further recognised by attending one of the annual Jack Petchey celebration events where they are congratulated on stage in front of friends and family.
5. Runnymede SC has appointed a ‘coordinator’, Julie Cleaver, who is responsible for the internal management and overseeing of the scheme at the club. To contact the coordinator, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to vote?
There is a voting box in the club room, or you can email email@example.com or use the form below.
If you would like to put forward some ideas for how the award funding is spent at the club, please fill in one of the Wish List Suggestion Forms in the clubroom. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas.